This year’s International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) promises to be jam-packed with interesting short courses, informative College of Technology sessions, cutting-edge tech demos, and provoking panelist discussions. Much has changed since this time last year—FirstNet has made significant progress in their state consultation process, they published a Request for Information to inform an eventual Request for Proposal, and this week the Authority released a thorough Second Notice that details FirstNet’s current understanding of the legislation. Add to that the fact that the AWS-3 spectrum auctions closed at a whopping $44.9 billion (making it the most successful radio spectrum auction in history) and you’ve got the ingredients for some very intriguing times at IWCE.
Here are the sessions that I won’t be missing this year:
- Next-Generation Wireless Networks: 4G, LTE, and Broadband (College of Technology) - Monday, March 16; 1:00—4:30 pm
- FirstNet Hot Legal and Regulatory Issues - Wednesday, March 18; 11:00 am—12:15 pm
- The State of the States - Wednesday, March 18; 1:15 pm—2:30 pm
- Mission Critical Voice over LTE - Wednesday, March 18; 4:15 pm—5:30 pm
- Wearable Technology for Critical Infrastructure, Public Safety, and the Enterprise - Thursday, March 19; 11:15 am—12:30 pm
- What You Need to Know About the Internet of Things (College of Technology) - Friday, March 20; 8:30 am—12:00 pm
I’m also very much looking forward to hearing Roger Cressey ‘s keynote about cyber risk and the interconnectivity of today’s workplace and and checking out the newest and coolest demonstrations in the Exhibit Hall.
What sessions have you marked on your calendar and what’s missing this year? Don’t fret if you can’t make it to Vegas, Corner Alliance will be publishing “Our Take on IWCE 2015” shortly after the show to fill you in on our impressions!