All the best reads and listens about government, innovation, and some other fun stuff too.
- The Modernizing Government Technology Act is a rare piece of bipartisan legislation that the President signed into law at the end of the year. It promises to shake things up in federal IT.
- Want to be more innovative? Some brain damage might help according to the BBC.
- Fingers crossed that this shutdown threat goes away soon for the year. NextGov outlines some of the rules for personal use of government equipment.
- Govexec speculates that government innovation problems rooted in a grumpy bureaucracy?
- The secret to Netflix and Facebook is buried at the bottom of the ocean.
- Are we witnessing the crypto-apocalypse?
- The Economist speculates on how the world will shape up in 2018.
- A history of US immigration from NPR's Hidden Brain podcast.
- Will 3D printing make gun control impossible from the Planet Money podcast.
- If you want to geek out on economics, this was a great summary of the thinking of Keynes and Hayek from the Financial Times Alphachat podcast. There are some surprises in here that you don't normally here in the economic debate.